In order to set up this integration, make sure you are logged in as an Admin in SugarCRM. You will need to access the SugarCRM Administrator Dashboard many times throughout this setup. This can be found in SugarCRM at the top right of the window under the silhouette icon and Admin.
Create the initial integration to SugarCRM
If you want to have all captures automatically sent to SugarCRM, you'll need to take the following steps to setup the initial integration
- Log in to your Back Office
- Click My Account at the top of the page
- Click Integrations
- Click on Setup a New Integration
Name the Integration Account and select "SugarCRM" in the "Select Your Integration/Service Provider". Click Submit and Continue
This next page has fields that will require steps to be completed in SugarCRM before they can be completed.
Follow the steps in the next sections to complete the setup.
Create a new API Platform
We need to create a new API Platform that iCapture will use to connect with SugarCRM. This will be set from the admin dashboard.
- On the Administration Dashboard, go to Developer Tools > Configure API Platforms
- On this page, type a new API Platform named "custom_api" and click Add
- Click Save
Fill in the API Platform name in the Platform field for the iCapture integration.
Create a new OAuth Key
A new OAuth key must be used to authenticate iCapture with SugarCRM. The OAuth Key menu is accessed in the Administrator Dashboard in SugarCRM.
- On the Administrator Dashboard, go to System > OAuth Keys.
- On this menu, click the OAuth Keys dropdown (located at the top of the window) and select Create OAuth Key
On the Create OAuth page, you need to create three items: Consumer Key Name, Consumer Key, and Consumer Secret. The OAuth version must be set to OAuth 2.0 with a Client Type of Sugar user.
Here is an example of what this should look like once completed:
Fill in the Client Key and Client Secret fields with the values created here in the iCapture integration set up.
Create a new user
A new user will need to be created for iCapture to use in order to communicate with SugarCRM. Use the Administrator Dashboard to access these settings.
- On the Administrator Dashboard, go to Users > User Management
- Click the Users dropdown (found at the top of the window) and select Create New User
Create a new user with any information you would like. We recommend using information that will associate that this user is used for iCapture such as a first name of iCapture and last name of API and a username of icaptureAPI. Create a password for this user and fill in the fields in the iCapture Integration set up page with the values for the user.
Find the API Domain
The last step of the integration requires finding the API Domain URL for your SugarCRM setup and adding it to the iCapture field. You can find this on your Profile dashboard in SugarCRM.
On the Profile Dashboard, go to Advanced. The URL will show under User Settings:
Fill in the API Domain field on the iCapture Integration setup with this URL.
Click on Save to complete the setup of the SugarCRM integration. You will get a message saying Form successfully updated! if this has been completed correctly.
Using the SugarCRM Integration
Go to the Questionnaire Overview page and click on Edit Questionnaire to enter the questionnaire builder. Click on Integrations at the top of the page
In the Click Here to Select Integration drop-down select your SugarCRM integration and click Add List Assignment.
The SugarCRM API allows access to Lead, Contacts, and Prospects from the Object menu with various actions available for each type of list assignment. The Assign to Target List option will allow you to select a Target list to assign these captures to.
Click Create List Assignment to complete the setup.
Note: List assignments must be done prior to capturing data!
Map your data fields
- On the Integration tab of the questionnaire builder click on Map Data Fields
- On the left side of the page are the merge fields available from your questionnaire
- On the right side of the page are the fields returned from your integration
- Select the merge field and drag it over to the right and drop it in the field from your integration
When you have mapped all of your fields click Submit Field Mapping to save the mapping.