When opening your data file in Excel and all the data is in the first cell, Excel did not open it using the "," as the delimiter. To have Excel open the file using the "," as the delimiter try the following.
- Start Microsoft Excel
- In Excel, click the Data tab, and in the Get External Data ribbon/panel, click From Text .
- In the Import Text File dialog box, in the lower-right corner (to the right of the File name box), select Text Files (*.prn;*.txt;*.csv) as the file type, browse to the location where you exported/downloaded the CSV file, and then click Open (or Import).
- In the Text Import Wizard - Step 1 of 3 dialog box, select Delimited, and from the File origin drop-down list, select 65001: Unicode (UTF-8).
- In the Preview box, make sure that your unicode text displays properly, and then click Next.
- In the Text Import Wizard - Step 2 of 3 dialog box, in the Delimiters section, make sure that only Comma is checked, and then click Finish.
- In the Import Data dialog box, select New worksheet (or Existing worksheet if you have one), and then click OK.