In order for iCapture to communicate with your Microsoft Dynamics CRM account, you must first create an integration. The integration allows iCapture to send the data over to your 3rd party tool behind the scenes without any user intervention. This step must be completed prior to sending your data to your integration.
Sending your data over to your integration is a 2 step process. The first step is setting your list assignment for each questionnaire. The second step is to ensure your data fields are mapped correctly.
Step 1: Add your list assignment
- Return to your Questionnaire and click on step 1 Setup in the questionnaire timeline and then on the Send Data to Integration tab
- In the Click Here to Select Integration select your Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration and click "Add List Assignment"
- In the window, choose if this is going to be a Contact or a Lead. You can also choose if you will be updating and existing record if email exists or always creating a new record.
- Click "Select Action" and you will see the integration rule listed.
Note: List assignments must be done prior to capturing data!
Step 2: Map your data fields
- Login to your iCapture Back Office
- Click on Step 1 and then on the Send Data to Integration tab of the questionnaire you want to map the data
- Click on Map Data Fields
- On the left side of the page are the merge fields available from your questionnaire
- On the right side of the page are the fields returned from your integration
- Select the merge field and drag it over to the right and drop it in the field from your integration