If you're not in range of a Wi-Fi network, you may still be able to get on the Internet with an Android device by setting up a Personal Hotspot. A Personal Hotspot lets you share the cellular data connection of your Android phone.
You can share your Android device's mobile data connection with another device using a portable hotspot, USB tethering, or Bluetooth tethering. This can be useful if you want to use the Internet on a laptop computer but don't have a connection.
These features depend on your mobile device and your carrier. You may be charged extra for tethering or Wi-Fi hotspot connections. If you have issues, check with your carrier to see whether tethering can be enabled.
Tip: This feature can use a lot of your device's battery, so turn the connection off as soon as you're done using it.
If your device has mobile data, you can turn it into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 10 other devices, like laptop computers:
- Open your device's Settings menu .
- Under "Wireless & networks," touch More > Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Check the box or turn on the switch next to "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot." When the option is turned on, you'll see one of the following notifications (your icons may look slightly different if your device is running Andriod 4.4 or lower):
- Portable Wi-Fi hotspot active
- Multiple tethering or hotspot connections active
- Touch the notification, then touch Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
- You can choose a new name for the hotspot in the "Network SSID" field if you prefer. If you want a different password, enter a new one in the "Password" field. If you don’t want security, choose None under "Security." Then touch Save.
- On the device that you want to use the Wi-Fi hotspot on, select this network from the list of Wi-Fi options and enter the password to connect to the Internet.
To stop sharing your data connection, uncheck the box or turn off the switch next to "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" in the Settings menu.
Content provided by Google - https://support.google.com/android-one/answer/2812516?hl=en&ref_topic=6085838